Hope College students looking for Internship opportunities must understand and follow some set
Review Internship Guidelines
Effective May 2005
- Students who wish credit for the AP exam in biology must have their score sent to the Hope College Registrar.
- Students with a score of 5 (the highest score) or 4 receive a total of 4 credits for Biology 240, Cells and Genetics. Many students with AP scores of 5 or 4 may find it advantageous to their future studies in biology to take Biology 240 and use the 4 credits from their AP score as well.
- The biology department regards 4 credits of Biology 240 as satisfactory for credit as a lab science course in general education.
- Students who score less than 4 are not eligible for AP credit.
- The 4 credits of Biology 240 earned for AP scores or 5 or 4 will count toward the 25 credits (B.A. degree) or 36 credits (B.S. degree) required for a major in biology. Students must satisfy all the other requirements for a biology major.
- Students who receive a 4 or 5 on the AP test but also take Biology 240 can not use the 4 hours of AP credit toward either a B.A. or a B.S. degree in biology since those hours will be credited by the courses themselves.
Animal Care & Use
Hope College recognizes the value of the use of animals in research and teaching.
The College endorses the judicious use of animals in research and teaching, and ensures the
humane and ethical treatment of all animals used in this manner.