Leah A. Chase
Associate Professor of Biology and Chemistry
- Goltz, A., Wixson, M., Chase, L.A. 2008. System xc- is Localized to Early Endosomes which Facilitates Regulated Membrane Trafficking. FASEB J. 22:813.8
- Wixson, M., Goltz, A, Henderson, T. and Chase, L.A. 2008. Regulation of System xc- Expression and Localization in a Dopaminergic Cell Line FASEB J. 22:813.9
- Henderson, T., Wixson, M., Sherburn, S. and Chase, L.A. 2008. Trafficking of System xc- is Affected by Cell Culture Density FASEB J. 22:813.10
- Chase, L.A., Peterson, N.L, Koerner, J.F. 2007. The Lathyrus Toxin, β-N-oxalyl-l-α,β-diaminoproprionic acid (ODAP) and Homocysteic Acid Sensitize CA1 Pyramidal Neurons to Cystine and l-Amino-6-Phosphonohexanoic Acid. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 219(1): 1-9.
- Goltz, A., Costa, N., and Chase, L.A. 2007. Hydrogen peroxide regulates the trafficking of System xc- in a dopaminergic cell line FASEB J. 21:489.10
- Sierzant, C.G., Lewis, B., and Chase, L.A. 2007. System xc- is an electrogenic cystine/glutamate exchanger FASEB J. 21:489.9.
- Chase, L. A., J. Stewart, and C. C. Barney. 2006. Development of an interdisciplinary, research-based neuroscience minor at Hope College. The Journal of Undergraduate Neuroscience Education. 5:A6-A13.
- Lamphear, C., Coleman, R.R., Hutchins, K., and Chase, L.A. 2006. Structure/Function Studies of system xc-: identification of critical residues involved in Cl- binding. FASEB J. 20:A1366.
- Sheldon, N., VerHeulen, M., DeYoung, M., and Chase, L.A. 2006. Peroxide triggers the translocation of the transporter, System xc-, to the plasma membrane in cultured human glioma cells. FASEB J. 20:A1366
- Chase, L.A., Wellman, L., Beitz, A.J., Roon, R.J., Koerner, J.F. 2001. l-Quisqualic Acid Transport into Hippocampal Neurons by a l-Cystine-Sensitive Carrier is Required for the Induction of l-Quisqualate Sensitization. Neuroscience. 106(2): 287-301.
- Johansen, P.A., Chase, L.A., Sinor, A.D., Koerner, J.F., Johnson, R.L., Robinson, M.B. 1995. Type 4a Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor: Identification of New Potent Agonists and Differentiation from the l(+)2-Amino-4-Phosphonobutanoic Acid Sensitive Receptor in the Lateral Perforant Pathway in Rats. Molecular Pharmacology. 48:140-149.
- Littman, L., Chase, L.A., Renzi, M., Garlin, A.B., Koerner, J.F., Johnson, R.L., Robinson, M.B. 1995. Effects of Quisqualic Acid Analogs on Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors Coupled to Phosphoinositide Hydrolysis in Rat Hippocampus. Neuropharmacology. 34:829-841.
Office: Science Center 3106
Please email me to make an appointment.