Tahnee C. H. Prokopow
Assistant Professor of Biology and Health Professions Advisor
Committee Appointments or Memberships
State of MI Medical Schools Consortium (2009-2011)
Created by the Deans of the Michigan Medical Schools to collaborate on admissions & diversity
- Health Professions Advisory Committee Chairperson (HPAC)(2011 - present)
- To develop a strong institutional program for advising students interested in pursuing post-graduate programs in health professions that is consistent with the mission of the college. This would include students preparing to enter graduate programs in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, pharmacy, physician assistant, occupational therapy, optometry, chiropractic medicine, podiatric medicine and other health-related careers.
- To coordinate and encourage efforts of departments to offer courses commonlyrequired by graduate programs in the health professions that are part of the regularcollege curriculum.
- To annually review reports from the Health Professions Advisor on the acceptance of Hope College students into graduate programs in the health professions.
- Members of the HPAC will assist with advising majors in their respective departments who are pursuing a career in one of the health professions.
- Members of the HPAC will serve as liaisons between their department and the HPAC regarding pre-professional course requirements that impact of their departments' course offerings and programs.
Advisory Committee Member (2006-2010)
Office of Human Research Compliance Review, Office of the Vice President for Research, UM, Ann Arbor, MI
- Represent UMMS DCDO at the request of Associate Dean for Diversity & Career Development.
- Share best practice ideas on recruitment, pre-med advising and educational pipeline programs.
- Presented the DCDO ETO as a best practice for long-term tracking of students.
- Met and regularly network with representatives from all of the state of MI medical schools, including the two new schools that are applying for LCME accreditation.
Minority Consultant (2005-2009)
Institutional Review Board, Office of the Dean, UMMS, Ann Arbor, MI
- Invited member due to expertise in engagement of minority and under-represented populations in clinical research. Only one of two staff, rest of membership is faculty.
- Education subcommittee member for not-for-cause reviews of human subject research at the UM.
- Instruct research investigators and study coordinators in methodologies for engaging minorities in clinical research by presenting at the IRBMED Education Symposium and other events as invited.
- Former voting member of the IRBMED.
Office: Science Center 3057
By appointment only. Please contact Jackie DeBoard at email@example.com to make appointment.