- Complete the online internship
program application. Be sure to email
your responses to yourself and keep the link to check the status of
- Email the Internship
Director a PDF of your detailed degree evaluation.
- Obtain a Communication Department faculty recommendation. Provide
recommender with the link to the online
- Once approved for the program by the Internship Director, complete
a Permission to Register for an Academic Internship form
- Secure an internship.
- Once an internship is secured AND approved by the Career Development
an Internship Agreement form.
- The Internship Director
will email an electronic
agreement for you and your site supervisor
to complete (12 hours
per week = 4 credit hours. Summer internships
need 168 hours total).
- Complete the Academic Internship Registration form
academic course overview
- Participate in discussions
- Schedule mid-term site visit with Internship Director.
- Complete mid-term evaluations prior to site visit.
- Complete e-portfolio or writing assignments.
- Complete final evaluations.
- Update resume and submit anonymous internship referral.
- Update LinkedIn profile with new experience.