|hope college > academic departments > dance|
2. Guest Artist Series - 1-2 current professionals teach courses for full semesters
3. Off-campus semesters: New York City/Paris/Mexico
4. Dorothy Wiley deLong Endowed Chair: annually finances residencies with guest artists, companies, choreographers and student scholarships
5. Twelve Distinguished Artist Awards given per year to support entering students for up to four years of study.
6. Sigma Omicron, honorary dance fraternity, established by Hope Dance Department in 1992
7. H2 Dance Co.- affiliate company comprised of students selected through audition - perform on and off campus in the Midwest and beyond.
8. StrikeTime Dancers: Students perform before grades K-6 in elementary schools, introducing children to the art of dance
9. Sacred Dance: Hope dancers choreograph and present as part of Hope's chapel program and with community churches
10. Annual spring concert and four student-produced concerts
11. Dance major requirements provide balanced curriculum in dance technique and theory (57 credits)
12. Hope's precise theoretical and technical curriculum prepares the degree candidate for performance, choreography, production, education, dance therapy, and/or any other filed related to dance
13. Low student/teacher ratio creates a beneficial enviroment for achievement
14. Facilities inspire concentration and movement through space: five studios and three performance facilities