|hope college > academic departments > dance|
2. The only K-12 dance major and minor certification from the Michigan Department of Education and is one of only three schools in the country accreditated Dance Education accredited with the National Association of Schools of Dance
3. Guest Artist Series - 1-2 current professionals teach courses for full semesters
4. Off-campus semesters: New York City/Paris/Mexico
5. Dorothy Wiley deLong Endowed Chair: annually finances residencies with guest artists, companies, choreographers and student scholarships
6. Twelve Distinguished Artist Awards given per year to support entering students for up to four years of study.
7. Sigma Omicron, honorary dance fraternity, established by Hope Dance Department in 1992
8. H2 Dance Co.- affiliate company comprised of students selected through audition - perform on and off campus in the Midwest and beyond.
9. StrikeTime Dancers: Students perform before grades K-6 in elementary schools, introducing children to the art of dance
10. Sacred Dance: Hope dancers choreograph and present as part of Hope's chapel program and with community churches
11. Annual spring concert and four stuent-produced concerts
12. Dance major requirements provide balanced curriculum in dance technique and theory (57 credits)
13. Hope's precise theoretical and technical curriculum prepares the degree candidate for performance, choreography, production, education, dance therapy, and/or any other filed related to dance
14. Low student/teacher ratio creates a beneficial enviroment for achievement
15. Facilities inspire concentration and movement through space: five studios and three performance facilities