upper level Biomedical Engineering laboratory introduces students
to the techniques of acquisition and processing
data from human subjects.
• Force plates to measure jumping or pushing forces
• Hand dynamometer that measures grip strength as well as finger
• Goniometers to measure joint angles from joints such as the
knee and elbow.
• Biopotential sensors for recording muscle contractions, electrocardiograms
and eye movement.
• 3-axis accelerometer for recording from the trunk or different
• Spirometer and Oxygen gas sensor to measure air flow, lung
volume and oxygen concentration