- PhD. - Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University, 1988.
- Computer Science, Michigan State University, 1988.
- M.S. - Chemical
Engineering, Michigan State University, 1984.
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering,
Michigan State University, 1981.
- B.S. - Computer Science, Michigan
State University, 1981.
- B.A. - Economics, Michigan State University,
- Phase equilibrium, equations
of state, engineering education and assessment.
Publications and Presentations:
Misovich, M.H. Hariri, and M. Anklam, "Building Assessment
into Evaluation in an Introductory Chemical Engineering Course," Best
Assessment Processes V (2003).
- M.J. Misovich and D.W. Staggs, "Enhancing a Capstone Design Course Through the Use of Industrial Advisor and Projects," AIChE
Annual Meeting (2002).
- M.J. Misovich, "Making Phase Equilibrium More User-Friendly," Chem.
Eng. Ed. , 36 , 284 (2002).
- G.M. Rogers, J. Williams, and
M. Misovich, "Institution-Wide Student Learning Outcomes: Developing an Integrated System for Institutional Effectiveness," in
A. Doherty, T. Riordan, and J. Roth, eds., Student Learning: A Central
Focus for Institutions of Higher Education , Alverno College Institute,
Milwaukee, WI (2002).
- D.C. Miller, M.H. Hariri, M. Anklam, M. Misovich, R. Artigue, "A Modified Approach to Material and Energy Balances," American
Society for Engineering Education 2002 Annual Conference Proceedings
- M.J. Misovich, "Rubrics by Committee -- How We Did It and What I Learned," Best
Assessment Processes IV (2001).
- C.D. Singley, I.P. Burns, and M.J. Misovich, "Evaluation of Series Coefficients for Classical Equations of State," Fluid
Phase Equil. , 137 , 99-109 (1997).
- P.W. Belanger, C.D. Singley, and M.J. Misovich, "Coexistence Curve Predicted by the Soave-Redlich-Kwong Equation in the Critical Limit," Chem.
Engng. Sci. , 49 , 3787-89 (1994).
- M.J. Misovich, "Exposing Students to Design Considerations Across the Chemical Engineering Curriculum Using Spreadsheets," American
Society for Engineering Education 1992 Annual Conference Proceedings
, 1045-1049 (1992).
- M.J. Misovich and K.L. Biasca, "The Power of Spreadsheets in a Mass and Energy Balances Course," Chem.
Eng. Ed. , 25 , 46 (1991).
- M.J. Misovich, "The Role of Universities in Providing Skills for Entry-Level Process Control Engineers," TAPPI
Engineering Conference Proceedings , 765 (1990).
- S. Abubakr, M.J. Misovich, and
K.L. Biasca, "Implementing Pulp and Paper Industry Case Studies in a Mass and Energy Balances Course," AIChE
Annual Meeting (1989).
- M.J. Misovich and E.A. Grulke, "Prediction of Solvent Activities in Polymer Solutions Using an Empirical Free Volume Correction," Ind.
Eng. Chem. Res. , 27 , 1033-1041 (1988).
- M.J. Misovich, E.A. Grulke,
and R.F. Blanks, "A Diffusion Coefficient Model for Polymer Devolatilization," Polymer
Eng. Sci. , 27 , 303-312 (1987).
- M.J. Misovich, R.F. Blanks,
and E.A. Grulke, "Generalized Correlation for Solvent Activities in Polymer Solutions," Ind.
Eng. Chem. Process Des. Dev. , 24 , 1036-1042 (1985).
- Associate Professor of Engineering:
Department of Physics and Engineering, Hope College, Holland, Michigan,
2002 to Present.
- Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering:
Department of Chemical Engineering, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology,
Terre Haute, Indiana, 1998 to 2002.
- Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering:
Department of Chemical Engineering, Villanova University,
Villanova, Pennsylvania, 1991 to 1998.
- Assistant Professor of Paper Science:
Department of Paper Science, University of Wisconsin
- Stevens Point, Stevens Point, Wisconsin, 1988 to
can be reached at:
Department of Engineering
27 Graves Place
Holland, Michigan 49422-9000 USA
Voice: (616) 395-7879
Fax: (616) 395-7123