|hope college > kinesiology|
Prospective Students - Top Ten Great Things
Ten Reasons to Consider Hope College’s Athletic Training Program
1. Hope’s program is one of the oldest and most established in Michigan. Hope was the first liberal arts college in Michigan to offer an accredited athletic training major.
2. Hope’s program is intentionally small – fewer than 25 students. This allows for small class sizes and lots of personal attention in the clinical part of the program.
3. Students gain clinical experience working with college athletes in addition to clinical rotations in a physician’s office, high school, and sports medicine clinic.
4. Graduates pass the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification exam at a rate far in excess of the national average.
5. Most students are assisted in finding summer internships in sports medicine prior to graduation. Hope students have been placed with NFL, MLB, and WNBA teams in addition to a variety of sports medicine clinics and major university summer sports camps.
6. Hope’s program is designed as a four-year program. Students begin the clinical part of their education in their first year.
7. Graduates of Hope’s athletic training program are employed in high schools, colleges, universities, sports medicine clinics, professional sports, and industrial health care settings all over the country. Eighty percent pursue graduate education at some point following graduation.
8. The program has outstanding facilities. Students learn from the faculty in three on-campus state of the art athletic training clinics, including the new 3500 sq ft DeVos Fieldhouse athletic training room.
9. The Hope College athletic training faculty has received national recognition for its outstanding quality.
10. Hope College athletic training students are exposed to a variety of supplemental learning experiences, including traveling to state, regional, and national conferences with their professors, attending the Distinguished Lecture Series in Sports Medicine, and participating in collaborative research projects.
Hope College | Kinesiology | 222 Fairbanks Avenue | Holland, MI 49423