Room 1142 of Science Center
- PhD: Loyola University 2011. Dissertation: Spiritual Care in Advanced
- Post Master's Certificate, Family Nurse Practitioner: Grand Valley
State University - 1997
- MSN: Indiana University. Specialty: Clinical Nurse Specialist of
- BSN: Purdue University. Specialty focus: Community Health
- ADN: Purdue University
- Parish Nurse Levels I and II. Marquette University, Madison Wisconsin.
- Spiritual Formation of Laity, Levels I and II: Spiritual Companioning.
Dominican Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Inter-denominational basic
coursework for spiritual directors.
- Parish Nursing
- Advance Practice Roles - Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Spirituality and Spiritual Care
- Under-served Populations
- Assistant Professor of Nursing –
Hope College 2006-Present
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Lakewood Family Medicine, Holland, MI,
1997-Present (part time 2006-present)
- Adjunct Faculty clinical preceptor roles:
- Grand Valley State University, Graduate Nursing Education (NP
and CNS roles), Grand Rapids, MI (1993-2005)
- Grand Rapids Community College,
Grand Rapids, MI (2002)
- Emory University and Albany Medical Center (WOCN preceptor)
- Holland Hospital, Holland, MI 1989-1997
- Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurse, Inpatient Care and Outpatient
- Home Health Care Nurse and WOGN Specialist
- Cardiac Rehab Nurse Case Manager, Outpatient. Butterworth Hospital.
Grand Rapids, MI 1987-1989
- Manager, Medicare/Medicaid Division, Home Health Care Tender Loving
Care Home Care, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1984-1985
- Indiana University Graduate Research Assistant, Community Health
Nursing Department, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Clinical Experience-Trama/Surgical ICU, Home Health Care, General
Medical Surgical Critical Care including Cardiac Care, Endoscopy, Post-Anesthesia
Recovery, Cardiac Rehabilitation with Stress Testing, Leadership,
Publications and Review Work:
- Bakker, D. & Vincensi B. (1995). Economic impact of the CNS: Practitioner
role. Clinical Nurse Specialist Journal, 36(5), 50-53.
- 1991-1993 Peer reviewer, Orthopedic Nursing Journal.
- 1993-1995 Book reviewer, Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing.
2012, October Poster Presentations: "Spiritual Care in Geriatric
Advanced Practice Nursing"Sigma Theta Tau International
Kappa Epsilon Chapter-at-Large.SGrand Rapids, MI.
2011, May Poster Presentation. American Holistic Nurses Association. Geriatric
Nurse Practitioners and Spiritual Care. Louisville,
2009, December "Health Through Spirituality" Grace Episcopal
Church, Holland, MI
2008, December "Health through Spiritually "Grace Episcopal
Church, Holland, MI.
2007, October "Theory Derivation: Social Exchange Theory
and Nursing Spiritual Care" Hope College Nursing Faculty,
- 2013, March Podium Presentation. Midwest Nurse Research Society.
Integrating Spiritual Care into Nurse Practitioner Practice to
Improve Client Health Indicators.Chicago, Illinois.
- 2013, March Podium Presentation. Michigan Academy of
Science, Arts, and Letters. Caring for the Spirit to Decrease Health
Care Costs: Are Nurse Practitioners Able to Recognize the Cues and
Spiritual Care Concerns and Provide Spiritual Care to Patients?
Hope College, Holland, MI.
- 2012 April Poster Presentations: Sigma Theta Tau International
Kappa Epsilon Chapter-at-Large. Grand Rapids, MI.
- Spiritual Care in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Two New Instruments to Evaluate Geriatric Nurse Practitioners
Incorporation of Spiritual Care into Practice
- Sigma Theta Tau International Kappa Epsilon chapter-at-large. Pre-Doctoral
Nursing Research Grant- 2010
- American Holistic Nurses Association. Pre-Doctoral Nursing Research
- Hope College Jean Mason Debbink Faculty development Grant - June
2007, 2008, 2011 and 2012
- Midwest Nurses Research Society, member 2012-present
- American Holistic Nurses Association, member 2007-present
- Advanced Holistic Nurse, Certified (American Holistic Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau, member, Kappa Epsilon Chapter-at-Large 1993-present
- Holland Community Hospital, Holland, MI. Affiliate Medical Staff
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Certified, American Nurses Credentialing
Center (ANCC), 1997-Present
- Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist certified ANCC 1991-2001
- Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (WOCN) Certified and member, WOCN Society
- American Nurses Association, Indiana and Michigan, District Legislative
Committees 1975 – 1997.
- Holland Hospital Nursing Research Committee, Holland, MI. 2013-Present
- Ready for School, Community Initiative, Medical Task Force. Holland,
- Holland Home Care, Holland Hospital, Professional Advisory Board
- Hospice of Holland, Advisory Board (2003-2005).
- Parish Nurse Ministry, Volunteer, St. Francis de Sales Holland, MI.
- Community Health Center, Holland, MI. Volunteer, Family Nurse Practitioner
and WOCN certified specialist, medically undeserved population 1998-2000
- Mentor/Guest Speaker, Hope College Upward Bound Program. 1998-present
- 2011 Sigma Theta Tau Kappa Epsilon-at-Large Chapter, Excellence
in Education in Nursing