Pre-law resources, reading list, and links
The legal profession
- So You Want to Be a Lawyer: A Practical Guide to Law as a Career, Revised Edition. Law Services (LSAC)
- Nonlegal Careers for Lawyers. Gary Munneke and William Henslee.
- The Official Guide to Legal Specialties: An Insider's
Guide to Every Major Practice Area, Lisa Abrams.
- Full Disclosure: Do You Really Want to be a lawyer? (1992). Susan Bell, ed.
- Full Disclosure: The New Lawyer's Must Read Career Guide (2001),
Christin Civiletto Carey.
- What Can You Do With A Law Degree? (1994), Deborah Arron.
- The Lure of the Law (1990), Richard Moll.
- My First Year As a Lawyer (1996), Mark Simenoff.
- Double Billing: A Young Lawyer's Tale of Greed, Sex, Lies,
and the Pursuit of a Swivel Chair (1999), Cameron Stracher.
- Lawful Pursuit: Careers in Public Interest Law, Ronald W. Fox.
The law school application process
- http://www.lsac.org The Law School Admission Council website
- Essays That Will Get You Into Law School
- Law School Insider: The Comprehensive 21st Century Guide to Success in Admissions
- Getting into Law School Today, 3rd ed. (1998), Thomas Martinson and David Waldherr
- How to Get Into the Top Law Schools (2001), Richard Montauk
Paying for law school
- Financing Your Law School Education, Law Services (LSAC)
The law school experience
- Acing Your First Year of Law School: The Ten Steps to Success
- One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School (1977), Scott Turow.
- Letters From Law School: The Life of a Second-Year Law Student (2000), Lawrence Dieker
- Planet Law School: What You Need to Know
(Before You Go) . . . But Didn't Know to Ask (1998),
- Law School Basics: A Preview of Law School and Legal Reasoning (1999), David Hricik
- Broken Contract: A Memoir of Harvard Law School (1999), Richard Kahlenberg
- The Complete Law School Companion: How to Excel at America's
Most Demanding Post-Graduate Curriculum (1992), Jeffrey Deaver
- How to Succeed in Law School (1994), Gary Munneke
- Law School Without Fear: Strategies for Success (1996), Marshall Shapo and Helene Shapo
- The Princeton Review Prelaw Companion: What law school Grads With They Know Before They Started (1996), Amy Zavatta ed.
Other general pre-law links