PSI CHI - The National Honor Society in Psychology
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology. The Hope College Chapter of Psi Chi was chartered in October of 1965. Our Psi Chi Chapter provides you with the opportunity to join Psi Chi if you meet certain standards required by Psi Chi and the Association of College Honor Societies (a governing body for college honor societies).
Requirements for election to Psi Chi:
- Completion of at least 3 semesters of college coursework
- Completion of at least 3 psychology courses
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.00
- Rank in the upper 35% of your class
(for 1998, that translates to a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or better)
- A minimum GPA in psychology courses of 3.00
- High standards of personal behavior
The Psychology Club at Hope College is a student group that was begun
in the Spring of 2014 and seeks to create an active and cohesive community
of students who are interested in the area of psychology.
Goals of the Psychology Club include:
• To foster community in the psychology department between students and
• To promote educational opportunities including lectures and research
• To organize activities such as movie nights, pizza parties, and t-shirt
A student leadership team organizes Psychology Club events and all
members meet regularly for open meetings to provide valuable input
at Hope and to hear about the latest activities and news in the
department. The club is not limited to psychology majors and minors.
are interested in psychology are encouraged to join!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pizza Party at Dr. Myers' house
Psi Chi Initiation Dinner November 14, 2011