Purpose and Goals
The Studies in Ministry Minor is grounded in a belief in the Triune God, and in a belief that we are called to love others as God has loved us. Thus the goals of the minor are:
- To help students explore Christian ministry as a vocation.
- To equip students for Christian ministry by nurturing a community
of learners who can love, think, discern, serve, and pray together.
- To foster development of a theological framework for ministry.
- To encourage students to develop spiritual disciplines that will sustain
a lifetime of discipleship and service.
- To provide all students with the opportunity to begin a lifelong love
of theology and commitment to the church.
- To serve the church by providing women and men who have been trained
to lead and serve in many different aspects of Christian ministry.