Join ExploreHope’s engaging camps and activities! Summer camps, scout badge days, middle school girls day and teacher professional experiences let kids explore, learn and grow. There’s something for everyone!
We engage Hope students in these innovative experiential learning programs to provide unique pre-professional experiences to their education.
2017 is the 20th anniversary of summer science camps
- About ExploreHope
Hope pre-professional students manage, plan and run educational programs for K–12 students and teachers in the community. Student cohorts focus on programs in their area of study while learning team work, project management, curriculum development and instructional skills that are required in their future careers.
The Center for Exploratory Learning (ExploreHope) in turn offers innovative programming for the community allowing K–12 students and teachers to experience hands-on activities in science, engineering, math and the arts. Summer and afterschool programs expand learning opportunities that complement in-classroom goals.
- Upcoming Events
All ages welcome for a morning of hands-on exploration of that amazing organ our brains. 9 a.m.–noon, Schaap Science CenterCheck out the flyer!
Accelerated Weekend Experience
In partnership with Northwestern University Center for Talent Development, gifted 5th-8th graders are invited to explore digital technology and neuroscience.
Register through Northwestern University.
Girl Scout Earth Day!
All levels welcome to earn their Outdoor Art Badges and participate in Earth Day activities.
Sponsored through the Michigan Shore to Shore Council
June 12–July 28
- Participation for all students
- ExploreHope aims to include a diverse population of participants that reflect the community at large regardless of financial or logistical barriers to participation. All students are invited to apply and participate in any ExploreHope program. Contact us if you or someone you know needs financial assistance to participate.
- Community Partnerships
- The West Michigan community is a great place for education. ExploreHope is thankful for the many partners and supporters who make our programs possible. We'd love to include you on that list! Contact us to provide in-kind donations, program speakers or scholarship funds.
- Hope Student Experiential Learning Opportunities
As Hope trains our students to be active, contributing members of their communities, experiential learning opportunities will play a central role in shaping the type of citizen they will become. Student cohorts focus on programs in their area of study while learning team work, project management, curriculum development and instructional skills that are required in their future careers. ExploreHope experiential learning opportunities push students to grow in the areas of:
- Professional skills
- Interpersonal communication
- Program management and delivery
- Interactions with diverse set of people
- Personal responsibility
- Professional society meeting presentations
- Support Us!
- ExploreHope is self-funded center of Hope College. Join us in creating innovative learning opportunities for our area youth. Contact Susan at email@example.com to discuss how you can support our scholarship program, in-kind donations, program speakers or Hope student experiential learning opportunities.
Noble Network of Charter Schools Students:
A. Paul Schaap Science CenterHolland, MI 49423
Hope by the Numbers
- 1,000+Summer Science Camp Participants
Join more than 1,000 other participants in our fun learning environment this summer.Sign up for a Summer Science Camp
- 20Hope Camp Staff
Summer Science Camps provides an engaging, pre-professional experiential learning opportunity for students of all majors. We have 20 student employees every summer.
- 350+Scout Badges Earned
Over 350 scouts joined us on campus to earn Boy and Girl Scout Badges in 2016.Explore our scout programs
- 15Departmental Partnerships
15 departments across campus contribute to our innovative camp curriculum.