Musical Arts Academy seminars are day-long workshops that focus on specific areas
Seminars take place throughout the school year, usually on weekends, and are typically geared towards 6th–12th grade students.
Current seminar offerings are listed below.
DOUBLE REED DAY
Join other double reed players from the area for an exciting day of music and reed making! This is a great opportunity to connect with other oboe and bassoon players, discuss double reed specific topics and have a chance to be part of a masterclass performance that will help you prepare for Solo and Ensemble. Double Reed Day will take place on Saturday, January 14, 2017, and will run from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Faculty clinicians: Sarah Southard & Genevieve Beaulieu.
- Registration fee: TBA (covers lunch and additional fees)
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- 9:30–10 a.m. — Registration (Jack H. Miller lobby)
- 10–11 a.m. — Masterclasses
- 11 a.m.–12 p.m. — Special Topics
- 12–1 p.m. — Lunch (provided with registration fee)
- 1–2:30 p.m. — Reedmaking session
- 2:30–3:30p.m. — Large Ensemble Rehearsal
- 4 p.m. — Finale Concert (Howard Recital Hall), open to the public