Counseling and Psychological Services is committed to helping students reach their full personal and academic potential as individuals. We work to support the development of the whole person: academically, personally, socially, spiritually, and physically through professional, ethical, confidential, and high quality counseling and educational services.
What We Believe
- At times, students experience personal, relational, spiritual, social, or academic difficulties that they cannot fully resolve on their own. At those times they may find it helpful to talk to a professional counselor about their concerns.
- The relationship between the student and their counselor is a confidential partnership.
- Our function, as professionals, is to listen, understand, and be helpful to the fullest extent of our training.
- It is the student's responsibility to help us understand their life situation, physical and emotional concerns, and feelings through honest and open communication.
In order to help students with difficulties, Counseling & Psychological Services provides crisis intervention, individual counseling, consultation, and educational outreach programs designed to help students:
- Address personal problems that interfere in academic success
- Adjust to college life, pressures, and changes
- Resolve life crises that threaten success in college
- Explore questions of faith and how that impact daily living
- Cope with problems which stem from medical or physical concerns
- Learn skills to optimize effectiveness
Counseling is available free of charge to all Degree Seeking students at Hope College.