Open enrollment is your opportunity to choose the benefit coverage that fits your needs for the upcoming benefit year. All elections you make during this Open Enrollment are effective July 1, 2013-June 30, 2014, and cannot be changed unless you have a family status change or change in employment status.
What you need to do by May 15 for Open Enrollment:
Complete, print, and submit to HR (no later than May 15) the "Employee Certification and Flex Election Form" located at the bottom of the summary page. If you have a spouse who will be covered by health insurance through the College in '13-'14, the Spouse Eligibility Requirements form must also be completed, signed, and returned (including any required support documentation)
- Read thoroughly the 2013-14 Benefits Highlights, Rates and Changes
- Via Knowhope Plus secure employee login:
- Review EMPLOYEE -> BENEFIT SUMMARY (reflects your current elections)
- Review PERSONAL INFORMATION and EMERGENCY CONTACTS; update if necessary (remember in emergency contacts, 1 should be your personal text number for Campus Safety's emergency notification).
Please contact Connie VanderZwaag with any questions or to schedule an appointment if you require personal assistance for online review, or if you prefer a printed copy of the information.
What happens if you do not make new benefit elections by May 15?
- You will be ineligible to participate in Flex Medical or Child/Dependent Care Reimbursement Account(s) for the 2013-14 benefit year. If you are currently enrolled, your Flex benefit will end June 30, 2013.
- All other current medical, dental, life, supplemental life, long-term disability (LTD) and supplemental LTD insurance will carry over to 2013-14. If you waived any of these coverages in 2012-13, you will NOT have that coverage for 2013-14.