PROGRAM DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Career Development Center
Hope College invites immediate applications for this full time, salaried position. Hope College is a Christian, co-educational, undergraduate, residential, multicultural, liberal arts college of 3,200 students, affiliated with the Reformed Church in America, located in Holland, MI.
The Program Director will intentionally integrate curricular and co-curricular activities with the Alumni and Advancement Offices, and will be responsible for the overall direction of professional career development and employer relations. This person will also provide vision and oversight of employer relations and engagement to create increased opportunities for Hope College students, creating a model program from concept to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and analyze leading business career development programs in higher education. Identify needed first through fourth year programs, career development events and requisite work-related experiences. Develop collaborative strategic programs for targeted professional disciplines.
- Develop and sustain relationships with employers for presentations, programs, interviews and intern/job postings.
- Work with students and faculty from target professional disciplines (e.g., Business, Engineering, etc.) to ensure student preparation and develop targeted corporate and organizational partnerships. This would include internships, job opportunities, mentoring relationships, course projects and other co-curricular engagements. Pilot and replicate across all disciplines where possible.
- Develop and manage assessment and outcome tracking metrics that confirm the value of programs and partnerships over time to assure that students and partners are achieving the stated goals.
- Assist with departmental coordination of a StrengthsQuest campus initiative as well as coach students individually, in groups and through Optimal Resume on resume development.
- Master’s degree in Business, Education or related field required.
- Working knowledge of the business marketplace is critical, with 2-5 years of experience working within a recruiting or marketing function highly preferred. Experience in any of the following is desired: collegiate career services, corporate career development, corporate recruiting or marketing.
- Knowledge of career theory and effective methods for career focus, job search and career development.
- Prior experience preferred with career services’ software, applicant tracking program and/or relationship management tool.
- Experience cultivating and engaging employer contacts, designed products to support their recruitment efforts; providing consultation for employers and developing effective, customized strategies for their campus presence and recruiting initiatives.
- Deep commitment to customer service, and team approach to work, yet can work independently
- Ability to engage in robust fashion a Christian liberal arts experience.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment. .
- Ability to collect, analyze and present detailed data
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Exceptional coaching/counseling/support skills
- Flexibility to work irregular hours during periods of peak activity
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Subject: Career Development
Application materials must be received by Friday, August 30 at 4:00 pm.
Located in Holland, Michigan, Hope College is a 3,200+ student campus and is a ten-minute drive to Lake Michigan; a thirty-minute drive to Michigan’s second largest city, Grand Rapids; and a two-hour drive to Chicago. The Holland area has a population of 95,000 enriched by a significant Hispanic population and growing Asian-Pacific Islander and African American populations.
Hope College places a high priority on sustaining a supportive environment that recognizes the importance of having a diverse faculty and staff in order to best prepare our students for successful careers in our multi-cultural nation and global community. Applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color are, therefore, welcomed. Hope College complies with federal and state requirements for nondiscrimination in employment.