Summer 2015 Projects
Watch here for projects as they develop through the summer....
- Dosker Cottage - exterior paint (Historic District colors)
- Centennial Cottage - exterior paint (Historic District colors)
- Welmers Cottage - new vinyl siding
- Kleis Cottage - porch foundation repair
- Various Cottages will receive new carpet or other flooring
- Various Cottages will receive new common-area furniture
- Brumler Apartments - new furnaces and A/C and upgrade to fire alarm system
- College East Apartments - new low-E, dual pane windows
- Columbia Apartments - installation of kitchen range fire-suppression hoods
- DWCC Theater entrance - repair of the revolving doors and their surrounding concrete floor (May 11 -20)
- more to come...
Mini-Split A/C units in 8 Residence Hall Lounges
A temporary dining facility was set up last summer while Phelps Dining Hall was remodelled. The 12 mini-split air conditioners that were used to cool it are being recommissioned, 8 of which will be installed in Residence Hall lounges.
Common Area remodels in Residence Halls
VanWylen Library furniture and fixtures upgrades
- Replacement of select soft-seating
- Reupholster 65 'anchor' chairs
- New carpet in basement and stairs from 1st to 2nd floor
- New window blinds in select areas
ENERGY EFFICIENCY INITIATIVES
Our electricians continue to swap out old T-12 fixtures with T-8's to reduce our energy consumption.
Variable Frequency Drives
Variable Frequency Drives have been installed in numerous HVAC systems across campus.