A5: Description of the Boards and Standing
a. Academic Affairs Board
4. Library Committee
- To advise the Director of Libraries on the collection, services,
staffing, liaison with departments, budget, facilities, security, and
other matters which the Director may bring to the Committee, and to
assist in evaluating library practices and procedures.
- To serve as liaison in communicating faculty and student concerns
on operation of the libraries to the Director of Libraries.
- To serve as sounding board for library staff members' ideas.
- To receive regular reports from the Director on the work of the Joint
- To study and make recommendations to the Academic Affairs Board concerning
planning and policies which directly affect the academic program.
- To support and encourage the Director of Libraries in achieving the
best possible library collection, support services, and facilities
for students and faculty.
- To study and make policy recommendations on any item referred to
it by the Academic Affairs Board.
Four faculty members (one from each division), the Director of Libraries,
two or three students, one administrative staff member appointed by the