Description of Functions
6. Vice President for Student Development
Dean of Students
The Vice President for Student Development and Dean of Students is responsible
to the President, for developing a living/learning environment which
supports the mission of the College and the personal development of each
- To develop and maintain relationships with students in order to understand their concerns, issues, beliefs, and questions. To communicate matters of concern to the appropriate person(s) so that the issue may be addressed through programs, policy, or process.
- To promote individual development of students personally, as members
of society, and interdependently with others. Such development
should occur through co-curricular programs, living environments, student
groups, and relationships with fellow students, faculty, and staff.
- To plan and coordinate the College's program of student services. The
- Residential Life
- Student Organizations
- Social Activities
- The Health Clinic
- Career Services
- Multi-Cultural Life
- Student Leadership
- Special Programs
- To staff and supervise the offices of these areas and
to ensure that students and faculty are fully informed about these
services and the personnel and offices where they are available.