NOMINATIONS SOUGHT FOR AWARDS
to be recognized at the annual
Faculty Recognition Luncheon
Nomination Deadline: 8:00 AM, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2013
Motoichiro Oghimi Global Courage Award
- This award recognizes those that exhibit the intercultural courage exemplified by Motoichiro Oghimi, one of Hope's first international students.
It is given to a faculty or academic staff member who exemplifies the following qualities:
- Deep engagement with that part of the Hope College mission that calls us to prepare students for leadership and service in a global society.
- Bold risk-taking in creating new ways and opportunities to help students engage people, places and cultures different from their own.
- Engagement in global initiatives that go above and beyond his/her normal responsibilities.
- The nominator should provide evidence that these criteria have been met.
Andersen Excellence in Teaching Award
- This award recognizes specific activities or aspects of teaching,
rather than generic "effective teaching," but the emphasis
must still be on recognizable excellence. Examples of specific activities
include effectiveness in the use of collaborative learning in the
classroom or through service learning or mentoring (either of students
or of faculty colleagues).
- Any member of the continuing faculty with a minimum of seven
years of full-time teaching experience is eligible for this award.
- The nominator will explain the specific basis for the nomination,
and provide evidence for teaching excellence and examples of specific
activities or techniques that foster student learning.
Candidates who have been nominated in the past may be
re-nominated. Department chairs are particularly challenged
to use this opportunity to nominate one of your many talented faculty.
This award is given to a faculty member who is first
a superior teacher, but who also contributes significantly in some
other area of professional life: as a research scholar, as a guide
in student activities (theatre, music, sports, sciences), as an administrator,
or as a representative of the college in the community.
Full-time faculty in any discipline at Hope are eligible
for this award regardless of years of service.
- The nominator should provide evidence of superior teaching and examples
of significant contributions in other areas of professional life.
Candidates who have been nominated in the past may be re-nominated. Department
chairs are particularly challenged to use this opportunity to nominate
one of your many talented faculty.
Previous Award Winners
Provost's Award for Service to the Academic Program
This award is given to individuals who serve the academic
program in special ways and enable others to accomplish their work
- All faculty, administrators and staff members are eligible for nomination.
- The nominator should describe the specific ways in which the candidate
has served the academic program. Service may have occurred in the past,
not necessarily just in the current or previous academic year.
Candidates who have been nominated in the past may be re-nominated.
for any of these awards may not exceed 2 single-spaced pages (11 point font).
Send all nominations electronically to attn:Lannette
Zylman-Ten Have (firstname.lastname@example.org)
names will be placed on special plaques located in the 2nd floor hallway
between VanWylen Library and VanZoeren Hall (Oghimi will be placed in Martha Miller Center)