|hope college > campus offices > registrar's office|
If you've NOT DECLARED major(s) and minor(s), you can use the degree evaluation to see how the classes you've taken (at Hope or elsewhere) or are registered for meet requirements for general education or for any majors or minors you want to explore:
1. Log onto your KnowHopePlus account.
2. From the "Main Menu" select "Registrar, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts"
3. Select "Student Records"
4. Then select "Degree Evaluation"
5. If you've not yet declared major(s) and minor(s), your program will be listed as "Undeclared"
6. Along the bottom the screen, click on "What-if analysis"
Select the term you
8. From the pull-down menu, select a major program you're considering. Then click on "Continue."
Check majors and minors carefully.
· If you plan teacher certification, your "what-if" major and minor should
o be an approved composite major for elementary education (Fine Arts Composite, or Language Arts Composite, or Science Composite, or Social Studies Composite)
o Special Education (EI or LD)
o have "Education" as part of its description-for example, "English-Elementary Educ" or "English-Secondary Educ," rather than simply "English."
For some majors (especially in the natural sciences and music), more
than one degree is possible. You
can run the "What If" analysis on both possibilities: that way, you can
easily see the differences.
9. From the pull-down menu, select the major you're considering again (this will connect your program with the appropriate general education and other requirements).
10. If you want to see requirements for minor(s), click on "Add More," and select the minor(s) you want to look at. If you'll be using the minor for teaching certification, you must select a minor listed as "Education."
11. Click on "Add More" again, if you want to look at requirements for a second major.
12. When you've selected the majors and minors you want to look at, click on "Submit."
13. Check to see that what you've entered is accurate; then click on "Generate Request"
14. In the "Degree Evaluation Options:"
· Click on "Detail Requirements"
· Click on "Submit"
15. Wait a bit.then Presto! Scroll through the screen. If you opted for Detail Requirements, you'll find
· The program, degree, major(s), minor(s) you're considering
· Total number of credits-this COUNTS the classes you're currently registered for (even though those credits have not yet been earned) and your overall GPA.
· An evaluation of how the courses you have taken or are registered for meet general education requirements (the system selects the appropriate requirements for BA/BS or BM-music--or BSN--nursing)
ü A requirement that you have not completed is listed in red: you can click on the underlined courses to see catalog descriptions. Requirements which you have completed or are registered for are listed in blue.
ü Be careful to look at the notes under each requirement-if you have not met the ENTIRE requirement, you'll see "No" in the "Met" column.
Continue to scroll,
and you'll find the requirements of the major(s) and minor(s) you want to look at. A requirement you have not met is listed in red;
requirements you have completed or are registered for are listed in blue.
· At the end of the report, you'll find courses not used to meet requirements for general education, or the major(s) and minor(s) you're considering. You'll also see classes you failed, took as pass/fail, or withdrew from.
Have questions about this on-line evaluation?
FIRST, please check the Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQ) section. If
you don't find an answer there, please e-mail Advising@Hope.edu or
come to the Registrar's Office, first floor of the