|hope college > campus offices > registrar's office|
This amazing system lets students (and their advisors) explore
possible majors and minors and lets them see how their coursework fits
into majors and minors they are considering (but have not declared).
1. Log into your KnowHopePlus account.
2. From the "Main Menu," click on "Faculty and Advisors."
3. From the "Faculty Services" menu, click on "Student Information Menu."
4. From the "Student Information" menu, click on "Degree Evaluation."
5. Select the current term from the pull-down menu; then click "Submit."
6. You may run a student's degree evaluations if you are the primary or secondary advisor. Type in an advisee's first or last name (spelling must be exact).
· HINT: Rather than typing in a name, use "%" (the wildcard) to pull up all the students whose records you can access.
7. Select from the pull-down menu, the student whose record you want to look at. Then click "Submit."
8. Along the bottom the screen, click on "What-if analysis"
Select the term the
student began at
10. From the pull-down menu, select a major program the student is considering. Then click on "Continue."
If students plan on teacher certification, their major should
o be an approved composite major for elementary education (Fine Arts Composite, or Language Arts Composite, or Science Composite, or Social Studies Composite)
o Special Education (EI or LD)
o have "Education" as part of its description-for example, "English-Elementary Educ" or "English-Secondary Educ," rather than simply "English."
11. From the pull-down menu, select a major (this will connect the student's program with the appropriate general education and other requirements).
12. If you want to see requirements for minor(s), click on "Add More," and select the minor(s) the student wants to look at.
13. Click on "Add More" again, if you want to look at requirements for a second major.
14. When you've selected the majors and minors you want to look at, click on "Submit."
15. Check over what you've requested, pull down the current "Term," and click on "Generate Request"
16. In the "Degree Evaluation Options:"
· Click on "Detail Requirements"
Click on "Submit"
17. Wait a bit.then Presto! Scroll through the screen. If you opted for Detail Requirements, you'll find
a. The program, degree, major(s), minor(s) the student is considering.
b. Number of credits-the evaluation COUNTS the credits the student is currently registered for (even though the credits have not yet been earned)-and the student's overall GPA.
c. An evaluation of how the courses the student has taken or is registered for meet general education requirements (the system selects the appropriate requirements for BA/BS or BM-music--or BSN--nursing)
ü A requirement the student has not completed is listed in red: you can click on the underlined courses to see catalog descriptions. Requirements the student has completed or is registered for are listed in blue.
Be careful to look
at the notes under each requirement-if the student has not met the ENTIRE
requirement, you'll see "No" in
the "Met" column.
d. Continue to scroll, and you'll find the requirements of the major(s) and minor(s) the student wants to look at. A requirement the student has not met is listed in red; requirements the student has completed or is registered for are listed in blue.
At the end of the report, you'll
find courses not used for general education, major(s), or minor(s)-and
courses the student has failed, taken pass/fail, or withdrawn from.
Have questions about this on-line evaluation?
FIRST, please check the Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQ) section. If
you don't find an answer there, please e-mail Advising@Hope.edu or
come to the Registrar's Office, first floor of the