October 2, 2012 - Restructuring of ACAT.
Beginning in the Fall of 2013, ACAT will be a committee (Academic Computing Committee) positioned under
the Academic Affairs Board.
The Functions of the Committee will be:
- To assist the college community to develop and sustain an institutional vision for the goals of instructional technology in light of the mission of the college.
- To promote the exploration and use of digitally mediated instruction in ways that are pedagogically appropriate to Hope's academic curriculum.
- To collaborate with the Assessment Committee to ensure the effective assessment of digitally mediated instruction across the curriculum.
- To appraise the need for additional equipment, training, and faculty support, and to advise the college how to address these.
- To provide training and support for faculty in implementing technologies in teaching and learning, and to promote innovations that utilize instructional technology in ways that are pedagogically effective.
- To administer the faculty technology innovation fund and the annual innovation award.
- To study and make policy recommendations on any item referred to it by the Academic Affairs Board.
Membership of the Committee will be composed of:
- Four faculty members (one from each division, including the board liaison)
- Two students appointed by Student Congress
- Director of Academic Computing
- Director, CIT
- Deans' Council representative
- Library representative