Welcome to the Hope Transportation Department
Hope's Transportation Department schedules vehicles for use by faculty, staff and certified students.
The Transportation Department schedules vehicles based on availablity and occupancy in order to maximize the number of passengers and reduce the number of vehicles on the road.
Vehicles in Hope's fleet are maintained by staff on a regular basis to ensure a vehicle's safety and operational efficiency.
Some of the department's sustainable efforts can be found at Campus Sustainability Task Force.
Important Reservation Information
- Reservations will be made through EMS.
- Convenient pick-up and drop-off location:
- Your clean, fueled vehicle will be picked-up at Campus Safety.
- Return your vehicle after your trip to Campus Safety - no more stopping at Hope's fuel pump!
- Fueling procedures:
- Your vehicle will have a full tank of gas when you pick it up. You do not need to re-fuel it before returning it to Campus Safety.
- If you need fuel on the road, charge it to a credit card - just like when you use your own car or a rental!
- No vehicle available? Let us help you!
- If a Hope College vehicle is not available for the requested time, a comparable rental vehicle can be reserved. Rented vehicles will be delivered to Campus Safety, if desired!
- Easy pricing model!
- Priced per day, below current market rates!
Half day rates ($42.50) available
on full size vans only.
- When should you choose a Hope vehicle? When should you take your own?
|Your own vehicle
See Google Maps to determine your trip distance.
If you have questions about specific trip costs & scenarios, please contact Transportation.
Tank Size: 13.2 gal
Estimated 29 MPG
Tank Size: 21 gal
Estimated 22 MPG
Tank Size: 31
Estimated 14-17 MPG