Student Driver Program
In order to drive Hope motor pool vehicles, students must become authorized through the Student Driver Program. The process is as follows:
- Students must be asked to drive for a Hope sponsored event by a department representative.
- Students must click here to complete the Driver Information Form. They are also required to review the Driver Usage Policy and Motor Vehicle Rating standards.
- The Transportation Office at Campus Safety will receive the completed Driver Information form and will check the student’s Motor Vehicle Report (MVR). The results of the MVR can take up to 2 days to receive.
- Students requesting a Hope College Driver authorization card for the first time MUST contact Transportation at 395-7799 to schedule an appointment for a Driver Safety Review which are conducted on Friday mornings. The Driver Safety Review is an informal 20-30 minute appointment during which the student demonstrates his/her skill and comfort level in driving a 12-passenger van. Students must submit the Driver Information Form prior to Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. to be scheduled for that week’s safety review.
- Students must bring their valid driver’s license to the appointment.
- Upon successful completion of the Driver Safety Review, the student will be issued an Authorized Hope Driver card which is valid for 1 year.
- Students needing to be re-certified must re-submit the Driver Information Form, but are not required to repeat the Driver Safety Review.