Hope College encourages qualified international students to apply for admission. Admission is selective and is based on your secondary school record including courses, grades, recommendations, English language proficiency, and other information taken from the application. Hope College admits students without regard to religion, race, gender, disabilities, or national origin.
International applicants are required to provide the following:
- Completed Common Application (online or paper version)
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- Completed personal statement/essays
- Official transcripts from secondary school (plus post-secondary school for transfers)
- Declaration of Finances financial support statement
- SAT or ACT are not required, but are encouraged
- Evidence of Proficiency in English. This can be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (minimum 213 computer based or 79 Internet based with no sub test score less than 18)
- IELTS (minimum 6.5)
- The TOEFL or IELTS may be waived if the Secondary School curriculum is taught in English and the applicant sits for the SAT.