Young Alumni Award
The Young Alumni Award recognizes extraordinary achievements for professional endeavor, research, volunteerism and/or involvement within the local or global community made by alumni who have graduated within the past 15 years.
Emilie Dykstra Goris
Emilie Dykstra Goris ’08 has been a member of the Hope faculty since 2012. Her teaching and research interests include critical care nursing/acute care of the adult, neuropsychiatric symptoms in Alzheimer’s disease and genetics. She has authored or co-authored multiple articles published in scholarly journals and has made several presentations during professional conferences regarding her research.
Emilie will present “What Am I Going to Do Now? Goals and Decisions in an Uncertain Time” on Wednesday, March 2, at 4 p.m. in the Donnelly Room at the Haworth Inn and Conference Center.
Jonathan Moerdyk ’09 has been a member of the Seton Hill University faculty since 2014. He has received multiple honors for his groundbreaking research, conducted while pursuing his doctorate at the University of Texas at Austin, developing diamidocarbenes, a new class of carbon-based compounds aimed at mimicking select properties of metals.
Jonathan will present “Photochromes, Carbenes and Defining Success: A Young Chemist's Perspective” on Thursday, March 3, at 4 p.m. in the Donnelly Room at the Haworth Inn and Conference Center.
Young Alumni Award Dinner
You are invited to meet Emilie and Jonathan at the Young Alumni Award Dinner on Thursday, March 3, 2016, at 6 p.m. at the Haworth Inn and Conference Center. This complimentary event is brought to you by the Alumni Association and the Career Development Center.
These emerging leaders are educated to think about important issues with clarity and wisdom as they bridge boundaries that divide communities.
This award is presented to deserving alumni who meet the following criteria:
- Attained a notable degree of prominence through professional endeavor, research, volunteerism and/or involvement within the local or global community or the college
- Special consideration will be given for those who demonstrate significant initiative by starting innovative service projects, research, businesses or other original enterprises
- Earned at least 45 credit hours at Hope College
- A member of the Alumni Association for no more that 15 years prior to the current year
- Current members of the Alumni Board are not eligible for this award
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 2Holland, MI 49423