Planning to study abroad during the spring semester? Perhaps you should reconsider...
- There is a cap of 100 students permitted to study off-campus each spring semester. This includes both domestic and international off-campus programs. The only exceptions are the Washington Honors Semester,
the Philadelphia Center, and direct exchange programs like Meiji Gakuin University and Liverpool Hope University College.
- International program priority will be given to students who fit into at least one of the following categories:
- Junior standing; sophomores in exceptional cases and those who meet the academic qualifications required by the program
- Modern language students who will have completed at least 5 semesters of college-level language prior to participating in an off-campus program in which they will study that language
- International Studies majors
- Language majors or students with a double major, one of which being a language
- Sophomores with a declared major or program acceptances in social work, nursing and certain education programs
- Students in certain majors in the natural sciences who, due to sequencing of on-campus courses must use a spring semester to study abroad (requires certification from the major department's off-campus study advisor)
- Students wishing to participate in an official Hope program that is only available as a spring semester
- For domestic programs, priority will be given to:
- Students completing a capstone semester in nursing, social work and criminology who have not previously studied off-campus
- Students doing their professional semester in education who can demonstrate (with a faculty advisor's letter of support) that they have had an on-going commitment to student teach in a diverse multi-cultural school setting AND seriously intend to seek employment in such an environment
- Applications from seniors will not be considered for the New York Arts Program as the program is designed for juniors
Students who have submitted a completed off-campus application prior to April 15 of the preceding academic year will be considered according to the above criteria and, if approved, will be invited to submit a program application prior to the following October 1.
Off-Campus Study Application