Adding a Chat Room
***This is a tutorial for adding a chat room to Moodle***
- First we need to enter our virtual classroom and select the gray
toggle switch labeled “Turn Editing On”. It is located
in the upper right hand side of the webpage.
- Now with editing on, go the week/topic that you wish to add an assignment
to, and select the “Add an activity…” pull down
menu. Now select the option labeled “Chat”.
- Now we are brought to a new page with options on how to set
up the chat.
- First add a name to the Chat
- Add a brief introduction to the chat
- Once that chat room is created it will always be available. However
with this next option you can create a time that can be published
for when certain chats can be had. (ex. If you were having
an online review session at 9:00 you could post that as
- You can select options to save past chats and who can view them.
- Save and your done!