Voicemail is available to faculty and staff only.
Setting Up Your Voice Mail Box
To create your voice mail box:
Dial 3500 from your office telephone and answer Sandi's questions.
- To activate your voice mail box:
- Cancel existing forwarding on your phone by picking up the receiver
and dialing #1. Hang up the receiver and repeat using #2 and #3.
- There are several options when forwarding your phone to voice
- Pick up the receiver and dial *13500 - this forwards your call(s)
to VM when your line is busy.
Hang up the receiver.
- Pick up the receiver and dial *23500 - this forwards your call(s)
to VM when you do not answer.
Hang up the reveiver.
- Pick up the receiver and dial *33500 - this forwards all of
your calls to VM, but then your phone will not ring. This option
is sometimes used at night or when you do not wish to be interrupted. Hang up the receiver.
- You must do steps 1 and 2 from your own phone. Be sure
to use your own line if you are on a multiline phone.
Using Your Voice Mail Box
Remember: 1 for "yes" and 2 for "no".
From your own phone:
Dial 3500 and follow the prompting.
From an on-campus phone (not your own):
Dial 7300, wait for the system to answer, enter # 9 and your phone extension
(over the voice). Enter your own security code and access your voice mail
From an off-campus phone:
Dial 616-395-7300, wait for the system to answer, enter # 9 and your phone
extension (over the voice). Enter your own security code and access your
voice mail box.
You must archive any messages you wish to keep. All other non-archived
messages will be deleted at midnight of the same day.