Welcome to the web site for current Ccomputer Science students! Here you can find information about upcoming classes, suggested paths through the computer science major, resources available to computer science students, and more! If there's information you'd like to see here but don't, please contact the CS webmaster (email@example.com) and we'll try to post the information that you need.
Degree Programs and Upcoming courses
- Courses for Fall 2013-14 through 2016-17
- Major requirements (B.A. & B.S.)
- Requirements for a computer science minor
Job, Internship and Career Information
Not sure about what types of careers are available with a computer science degree? Check out this page, which includes contact information for Hope CS alumni who have agreed to be available to discuss career options with current students.
All internships and external jobs are posted on JobStop. If you are interested in an internship and want to discuss it with a faculty member, please contact the internships advisor by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to JobStop, the department participates with AfterCollege.com to provide employers an opportunity to post jobs that might be of interest to Hope students. You can find the current listing of jobs here.
- Using DyKnow: This page describes the DyKnow software system used in many computer science classes.
- The Microsoft Academic Alliance program: The department participates in this program to provide Microsoft software in support of teaching and research. Almost all Microsoft Software, with the exception of Microsoft Office, is available to support teaching and research. This web site (opens in new window) contains more information about the availability of software through the program. Click the Sign in link at the top of the window to log in; use your 1Hope user name and password to log in.
- Software available on the Computer Science systems: this page contains information about what software is available for your use. If there is some piece of software you'd like to see installed, please contact the department chair (email@example.com) and we will see what we can do.