Sheri GeddesAssociate Professor of Accounting
Sheri Geddes joined the business and economics department in 2013. She primarily teaches individual taxation, corporate taxation, managerial accounting and cost accounting. Her research interests are retirement preparation and financial literacy.
Prior to joining Hope College, Sheri worked at Yum Brands in Louisville, Kentucky, and John Deere in Moline, Illinois. She also brings prior teaching experience from Andrews University and Siena Heights University.
- MBA, University of Iowa
- B.A., accounting, University of Iowa
Grants and Awards
- 2015 Jacob E. Nyenhuis Faculty/Student Research Grant
- 2014 Frost Center Faculty/Student Research Grant
- 2014 J. Dennis Hastert Center for Economics, Government, and Public Policy Grant for Equipping Strategic Professors
- 2010 Best Practice Presentation Award at the annual Christian Business Faculty Association Conference held in Lakeland, Florida
- 2007 Teaching Excellence Award from Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan
- “The Argument for Teaching Financial Literacy at Higher Education Institutions,” Michigan Academician, 2016
- “Helping Employees Save for Retirement: What is the Responsibility of Christian Higher-Education Institutions?” Christian Business Academy Review, 2014
- “And Then The Roof Caved In,” Christian Business Academy Review, 2011
- “Cost Accounting and the Easy-Bake Oven,” Christian Business Academy Review, 2011
Outside the College
Sheri enjoys reading, sports, playing games and spending time with her husband and two children.