Brian MorehouseDirector of DeVos Fieldhouse and Dow Center
Brian Morehouse is the head women's basketball coach and director of the DeVos Fieldhouse and Dow Center. He currently represents MIAA coaches on the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) Conference Captains Committee and serves as a member of the WBCA board.
- M.A., sports administration, Western Michigan University, 2004
- B.A., business and education with minors in sociology, psychology and history, 1991
Brian started his Hope career in 1991 working at the admissions office and as the men’s basketball assistant. He became the women’s basketball coach in 1996, the Dow Center director in 1997 and the DeVos Fieldhouse director in 2005.
He has lead the women’s basketball team to 12 MIAA conference championships and a national championship in 2006. His coaching win/loss record is 454-71. The 2013–14 Flying Dutch posted a perfect regular season 27–0 record. Brian holds the highest winning percentage of any coach in Hope’s women’s basketball history at .865.
Awards and recognition
- National Coach of the Year, 2006
- Regional Coach of the Year, 2001–02, 2002–03 and 2008–09
- Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan Coach of the Year: 2001–02, 2000–08 and 2011–12
- NCAA Division III National Championship, 2006
- National Runner-up basketball, 2010
Why I love Hope
Brian believes in the college’s mission academically and spiritually. He also enjoys the extra-curricular activities on campus.
Outside the college
Brian stays busy raising his 13- and 15-year-old daughters, Megan and Emma. His wife, Liz Hain ’93, played in the college's basketball program for two years.
Brian is the founder of the Hand Up Fund, which is a foundation that serves West Michigan youth. He is also active with the Calvary Reformed Church of Holland and is involved with Special Olympics and Holland Area Hospice.