Brenda began teaching at Hope in spring 2015. She teaches the Trusted Advisor class in the leadership department, coaches CFL Student Consultants and coordinates the development of a voluntary mentoring program for students.
AREAS OF expertise
Brenda is a consultant who specializes in strategic planning and human resources. In her consulting, she works with small to mid-sized companies.
EDUCATION and certificates
- MIM, 1982, Aquinas College
- B.S., psychology, 1977, Hope College
- B.S., mathematics, 1997, Hope College
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), the Human Resource Certification Institute
- Society of Human Resources-Senior Certified Professional, SHRM-SCP
outside of hope
In 1976, Brenda married Jack VanderMuelen. They have two sons, Aaron and Ryan, and two grandsons. She loves to knit, cook and attend Hope College volleyball, women's basketball, and men's basketball games. One of her favorite activities is to work alongside Hope students. In addition, she is president of the board of directors for Good Samaritan Ministries and active at Ridge Point Community Church.