Dr. Steve VanderVeenProfessor of Management/Director, Center for Faithful Leadership
Steve VanderVeen is director of the Center for Faithful Leadership (CFL) at Hope and a professor of management. He joined Hope College in 2004 and CFL in 2007. He currently leads the co-curricular CFL Consulting and CFL Incubator programs.
Before he came to Hope, Steve was a faculty member at Calvin College, where he taught courses in management and marketing.
Steve enjoys teaching entrepreneurship, marketing and leadership courses. More than that, though, he enjoys seeing and writing about students flourish by applying their personal gifts, values, callings and classroom learning. His personal philosophy is, “students lead, faculty coach.”
- Ph.D., marketing and consumer behavior, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1995
- MBA, marketing, Western Michigan University, 1985
- B.A., English, Calvin College, 1982
- “Wherever You Pitch Your Business, Remember, People Come First,” Entrepreneur.com
- "3 Things to Know to Lead from the Bottom,” Entrepreneur.com
- “You Might Be An Entrepreneur If You Meet These 3 Conditions,” Entrepreneur.com
- “3 Ways to Keep Entrepreneurs’ Dreams Alive, Even After Graduation,” Entrepreneur.com
More publications in Digital Commons