When taking wedding pictures there are a few locations that lend themselves to beautiful shots. For outdoor pictures, the south side of the chapel has wonderful possibilities. On the north side of the chapel you will find the Hope anchor, which is a must for Hope alumni. For indoor photographs consider taking a picture on the diagonal of the sanctuary to capture the stain glass windows. Also in the balcony there is a platform which allows one to take pictures in front of the Rose window. There are endless possibilities for photographs, consider exploring the chapel with your photographer in advance of the wedding.
finding a way in which to fill the stage is always a decorating challenge.
We used at least four topiary trees and two large candelabras. Flowers weren't a huge part
of our budget, but we found that the 11' tall candelabras added a perfect
touch to the stage. We rented
them at a very low price and it
was a good use of space."
-The Chapel is not air conditioned, and can get hot. Fans or water bottles for guests are a nice touch.
- Remember that any food or beverages brought into the Chapel must be supplied by Hope College's Creative Dining Services, which can be reached at 616-395-7210.
- Any candles used during the ceremony mus be self-contained or dripless. Also, the use of fresh flower petals is not permitted inside the Chapel.
- Hope College does not provide any video or sound recording. If you would like a recording of your ceemony, you may hire a professional or ask a friend to film the ceremony.
- Consider exploring the chapel to choose picture locations with your photographer before the wedding.
- Choose the time of your wedding carefully; leave ample time on either end for set-up, clean-up and pictures.
- Remember guests normailly start seating 30 minutes prior to the wedding.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time can I get into the chapel on the day of my wedding?
A - You are able to have access to the chapel at the beginning time stated on your contract. If you contracted the chapel from 4-8p, you are able to get into the chapel at 4pm.
Q - Is the sound system to which we have access the same system they use for Chapel services?
A - No, the house system is located in the balcony of the chapel. The system is not as extensive, but will meet the needs of a Wedding ceremony.
Q - When can my florist get into the chapel, and is there a cool place for the florist to leave flowers before the ceremony?
A - Florists are able to have access to the chapel at the same time the wedding party has access. There is not an air-conditioned room in the chapel to keep flowers cool, however placing the flowers in a room in the basement with a fan works very well.
Q - What furniture does the college provide?
A - Hope can supply a rosewood table for the unity candle, a lecturn or podium for readers, musician chairs and stands, and tables for placement of a guest book or programs in the narthex. Hope does not provide the necessary materials for communion.
|© 2013 Hope College, Holland, Michigan 49423|