We appreciate our alumni, parents, and friends who support Hope College through calendar year-end gifts. Following are a few reminders to help
ensure that your gift is credited to the 2012 tax year.
The college is officially closed from December 22 through January 1.
If you have questions concerning your year-end gift during this time, please call the College Advancement office at 616.395.7775 to leave a message and a member of the Advancement staff will return your call to respond to your questions.
- Gifts should be mailed to:
Hope College Advancement Services
PO Box 9000
Holland, MI 49422-9904
- Checks sent by mail must be postmarked on or before December 31.
- Gifts made online via credit card should be submitted on or before December 31.
- Credit card gifts by mail or phone should be received by noon on December 21 to allow time for processing.
- For gifts of securities, contact John Ruiter at 616.395.7779 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim VanHeest at 616.395.7778 or email@example.com or Annie Valkema at 616.395.7782 or firstname.lastname@example.org in College Advancement for assistance. The delivery date for electronic transfers of securities is the date the securities are transferred to the Hope College account.
- The charitable IRA rollover legislation that allowed for the transfer of lifetime gifts up to $100,000 using funds from individual retirement accounts (IRA) without undesirable tax effects expired December 31, 2011.
All of us at Hope College wish you and your family a joyful Christmas and blessings in the coming year!