What would you like to do?
What would you like to know more about?
Paying Fines and Clearing Up Questions About Your Account
Go to Library Account to see fines assessed to your account, items you have checked out, and items you have requested.
Questions? Contact Carla Kaminski, Circulation Supervisor, at x7889 or email@example.com.
Overdue and Billed Materials
Overdue fines are assessed at the following rates and should be paid at the library:
- Books $1
- Reference books $5 per day ($50 maximum)
- Videos/DVDs $1 per day ($10 maximum)
- CDs $1 per day ($10 maximum)
- Cameras $5 per day ($50 maximum)
- iPad2 $5 per day ($50 maximum)
- Laptops $24 per day ($96 maximum)
Items that are long overdue will be considered lost and will be billed a minimum per the following:
- Books $65
- Videos/DVDs $65
- CDs $35
- Cameras $515
- PC Laptops $1015
- MacBook Laptops $1515
- iPad 2 $715
- Kindle $415
- Flip Camera $215
Returning the billed item in good condition will remove the replacement cost and leave a $5 overdue fine.
- A billed item will suspend the borrowing privileges of any Hope student, faculty and staff member.
Hope students with outstanding overdue fines and replacement bills will have these
charges added to their tuition.
- Once the item is billed to their account at Business Services, Hope students have until the end of the semester after the item was due to return the item in good condition and receive a refund for the replacement cost (minus a $5 overdue fine). After that, no refunds will be given.*
* If the lost material is needed prior to the end of the following semester, the library will purchase a replacement and no refund will be given.
- A guest borrower will have their borrowing privileges suspended whenever any money is owed the library.
Guest borrowers must pay all fines and fees at the library.
- If someone has placed a hold on an item you have checked out and it is not returned by the due date, a $5 overdue fine will be assessed.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended until the recalled item is returned.
Placing a Hold on Library Material
Place a Hold Request on materials to prevent anyone else from renewing or borrowing them.
- Search in HopeCAT for the item you want.
- Check the Status. If it's available you will not be able to place a hold on it. If the status is a Due Date, click on the Request button.
- Enter the required borrower information.
- Click on the Submit button.
Professors put material on reserve to provide equal access to required information for each student in the class. All reserve materials are restricted to people with a valid Hope ID.
To check out Reserve items, present your Hope ID and ask for the material by name of the instructor and course. For 3 hour in library use items the ID is retained until the Reserve item is returned. For items with a 24 hour or 3 day check out, the ID is scanned but not retained.
Open Reserve items are shelved in the stacks with other materials but may not be checked out of the building. Please put these items back on a reshelving cart when finished.