Netflix for Hope College Classroom Use
Van Wylen Library now offers faculty the opportunity to select DVDs from Netflix, a movie rental service with more than 100,000 titles. Delivery time is very quick, and the library can request up to 3 movies at a time. This service is for instructional purposes only, and is not to be used for recreational or home use.
Some reasons to use Netflix include:
- Previewing movies before deciding to purchase
- One-time showing of movies that do not have to be added to the library collection
- Obtaining movies that can not be purchased
- Wide range of foreign language films
How to request a movie:
- After first checking HopeCat to see if we own the DVD, search at http://www.netflix.com/BrowseSelection. You may either browse by category or enter a title in the search box.
- Fill out our video request form, noting in the “comments” box that you found the movie on Netflix.
- When the movie arrives, you will receive an e-mail informing you to pick it up at the main Circulation Desk in the library.
- DVDs cannot be placed on reserve.
- This service does not replace traditional interlibrary loan or MeLCat methods of obtaining DVDs; it offers a wider selection and quicker delivery when necessary.
- Because our account limits us to 3 DVDs at once for the entire campus, each faculty member is limited to 1 DVD at a time.
- Loan period is 7 days with no renewals.
- If a DVD is lost or not returned within 30 days, you will be billed $65.