With design help from Mighty in the Midwest, the same West Michigan-based company that designed the college’s hope.edu website, we have enhanced our ability to spotlight and share all the wonderful stories of our student-athletes and increase the ease of fan access to information regarding the Flying Dutchmen and Flying Dutch athletic teams, Sports Information Director Alan Babbitt said.
Hope College also is debuting the Presto Sports Front Row mobile app, a free service that gives fans access to score updates, statistics and game recaps right on their phones.
The new responsive athletics website will recognize the device visiting athletics.hope.edu and automatically tailor presentation to it. There is no need for fans to toggle anymore between mobile and desktop versions.
Here are some of the features of the new athletics.hope.edu.
- On the home page, a new drop-down menu makes finding information about Hope College Athletics easier to find and navigate.
- Men’s and women’s sports tabs offer quick links to teams’ schedule, roster, stats and social media accounts.
- A new Live Coverage tab will help Hope College fans follow Flying Dutchmen and Flying Dutch teams whether they are playing at home or on the road. Find links to live video streams, audio broadcasts, live stats and game previews.
- A new Fans tab includes links for tickets, Hope’s Sideline Store and Homecoming, along with other information.
- An expanded Recruits tabs is dedicated to prospective student-athletes. It features information links from the Hope College’s Admissions Department as well as information forms for prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Also on the home page, fans can easily search upcoming events, past results and searchable Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association standings that Presto Sports provides. Upcoming events will be updated throughout the season with links to video and audio streams, live statistics and directions to road games. The scoreboard tab will feature links to game recaps and photo galleries.
- Watch the latest video interviews with Hope coaches and student-athletes under the Video Highlights tab.
- Also, check out profile stories about Hope’s best in the Be Strong. Be True. Student-Athlete profile tab.
- Keep up with the latest Hope Athletics social media posts by either clicking on the #BeStrongBeTrue hashtag at the top of the home page or viewing the Hope Athletics social stream at the bottom.
New features can be found on each team page as well.
- Team pages now include all searchable Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association standings provided by Presto Sports along with easily searchable upcoming events and season results.
- Team rosters feature expanded student-athlete biographies along with season and career statistics.
- Many of Hope’s athletic teams maintain their own social media accounts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Fans can get a glimpse of what each team is posting on its own social media stream. For those teams who don’t have social media accounts, fans will view the Hope Athletics social stream that will include coverage of all Hope teams. Fans can click links to those social media accounts if they want to follow them.