Hope College Dining Services offers five convenient dining plans.
21, 15 or 10 Meals a Week
Student who live in one of Hope’s residence halls must participate in a 21, 15 or 10 meals per week dining plan.
All you care to eat at both Cook and Phelps Dining Halls
NEW for fall 2017: Cook Dining will be open to all students regardless of residence or academic credits
Healthful and vegetarian options
Special diet accommodations
Meals available 7 days a week
Convenient service hours
Two guest passes per semester
- Dining Dollars to use at Kletz Market, Cup & Chaucer, concessions or to purchase extra meals at Phelps or Cook
Students who live in a cottage, apartment or off campus may also choose the 7+ plan.
Benefits of 7+ include:
Seven meals per week at Phelps or Cook Dining Halls
The ability to take your meals to go!
- Four guest passes per semester to be used at a residential dining location of your choice
- Two $10 bookstore coupons per semester
- $150 in Dining Dollars per semester
One parent package per semester
Includes one free night at the Haworth Inn and Conference Center (restriction dates apply), two guest meals and a $5 gift certificate to the Hope Geneva Bookstore
- Meals to Go
Meals to go are available for:
- Cash, credit and Dining Dollar transactions
- Meal plan students living outside a residence hall
- Meal plan students living in a residence hall who have completed more than 70 credits
Each meal student is eligible to take to go meals will recieve one green container upon request with their meal plan. Meals to go will only be allowed in those containers. There will be no more eco-friendly foam from Cook Dining or Phelps Dining Halls.
- Changing your meal plan
After the add/drop period, students are committed to the meal plan they signed up for until the next semester. Dining Dollars will not be added to student accounts until after the add/drop period. If you have a circumstance such as a medical reason for special consideration, please stop by the food service office.
- Redeeming guest meals
If you’re on a meal plan, you're assigned two guest passes on your ID. Just let the hostess know when you enter the Cook Dining or Phelps Dining and they will deduct the meal from your ID.
Students on 7+ meal plan are assigned four guest meals. They can be redeemed at Cook Dining or Phelps Dining Hall.
Meal plan costs (board rates) are available from Business Services.
Other Payment and Meal Plan Options
Dining Dollars are a balance on your student ID that may be used at any residential or retail dining location. It’s a fast and secure way to pay for your meals or extra snacks!
Starting in fall 2017, Dining Dollars are include on most meal plans.
|21 Meal Plan||$50.00|
|15 Meal Plan||$75.00|
|10 Meal Plan||$100.00|
|7+ Meal Plan||$150.00|
Money can be added to your Dining Dollar balance four simple ways:
- Go to plus.hope.edu, and log into your student e-bill, then add money via credit card or bank routing number
- Contact Business Services, and have it added to your account
- Drop a check or money order at the Dining Services office
- Stop by the Dining Services office with your credit or debit card
Sick Meals is a program designed to assist students who are unable to eat at Cook Dining or Phelps dining halls due to illness.
To place an order
- Take a look at the menu
- Send your student ID with a friend to pick up your meal at Cook or Phelps dining halls
- The hostess will provide a to-go box for your meal
Contact us at 616.395.7930 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Sack Lunch is a meal alternative for students who can’t make it to Cooks or Phelps dining halls during normal meal hours.
Even if you eat the majority of your meals at Cook Dining, all Sack Lunches must be ordered through Phelps Dining and picked up at Phelps Dining Hall. This counts as one of your meals for the week.
- Provide at least 48 hours’ notice
- Fill out the form online or stop by the Dining Services Office
- Pick up your lunch Monday–Friday, 7:30–10:30 a.m at Phelps Dining Hall
With new more convenient hours, the Sack Lunch program will not be offered Fall of 2017-2018.
Phelps Hall150 East 10th StreetHolland, MI 49423