Faculty Writing Camp
This summer, enjoy a solid week dedicated to writing in the company of other faculty writers.
Applicants must commit to five consecutive days of writing on their own projects. We will work together from Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, with an hour break for lunch.
We know that some participants have a difficult time attending on Friday, so as an experiment this year, we are also considering offering a four-day intensive camp, which would run from Monday through Thursday until 5 p.m. (Note: This is the week before Memorial Day Weekend.)
Your options for Summer 2017
- May 15–19
- May 22–25 (Monday to Thursday only)
- June 12–16
- August 14–18
Each camp session is limited to twelve campers. We hope to run two or three sessions every year; however, demand is often heavy, so please apply as soon as you can. Priority will be given to new campers, but repeat participants are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Camp is facilitated by faculty professionals in writing instruction. Additional activities will include private consultations, opportunities to workshop with colleagues, and writing tips and techniques.
Articles and Other Resources about Writing
- Boyle Single, Peg. (2010). Demystifying the Dissertation: Perfectionism — II. Inside Higher Ed.
- Creamer, Elizabeth G. (2005). Promoting the Effective Evaluation of Collaboratively Produced Scholarship: A Call to Action. New Directions for Teaching and Learning, 102, 85-98.
- Hope College Faculty (2011). Video Interviews with Faculty Members Speaking about Their Own Experiences of the Process of Writing.
- June, Audrey Williams (2008). Job Coaches Help Get Professors Back on Track. The Chronicle of Higher Education, 55.5.
- Lambie, Glenn W., Sias, Shari M., Davis, Keith M., Lawson, Gerard, & Akos, Patrick (2008). A Scholarly Writing Resource for Counselor Educators and Their Students. Journal of Counseling and Development, 86, 18-25.
- Myers, David (2007). Teaching Psychological Science Through Writing. Teaching of Psychology, 34, 77-84.op
- Toor, Rachel (2010). The Habit of Writing. The Chronicle of Higher Education, February 11, 2010.
Van Wylen Library53 Graves PlaceHolland, MI 49423