We provide the on-campus community with the support and resources you need to communicate online.
We assist with internal and external web communications and provide the following services:
- The web communications team manages the college's institutional online presence and provides support for departments, offices and programs. We're undergoing a complete redesign of the Hope website; learn more about our work in progress and see our timeline.
- Faculty and Staff Profile Pages
Hope College has awesome people, and we want to tell their stories. Our website Directory and department/office faculty/staff pages contain links to profile pages of our employees.
If you work at Hope College—full-time, part-time, faculty, staff, administration—and don't have a profile page yet, please take some time to fill out our secure forms below. Or, you can email your information, bio, CV or a draft to Josh Bishop.
We typically edit all submissions for consistency and style. If we have any follow-up questions, we’ll contact you.
To update your employee information with Human Resources, fill out the Employee Directory Update Form.
- BLOGS AT HOPE
A number of individuals, departments and programs use our local installation of Wordpress to tell the Hope story first-hand at blogs.hope.edu. Contact email@example.com if you're interested in setting up a blog.
We invite you to read posts about scholarship and innovation, on and off campus, in our Stories of Hope blog.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
Public Affairs and Marketing administers Hope College's institutional social media accounts, which include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. Additional Hope College department and office accounts are managed independently.
- Hope College Social Media Directory
- Social Media Guidelines
- A Social Media Workgroup meets monthly to share best practices and provide support for our social media managers. Inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Submit a request to upload a video to Hope's YouTube channel by contacting email@example.com.
- EMAIL NEWSLETTERS
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance creating an email newsletter template.
- inHope AND CAMPUSMAIL
- inHope and Campusmail are our primary ways of communicating to large internal audiences.
inHope is the college intranet, accessible only to faculty, staff and students.
Campusmail is the official email distribution system of the college.
- Can be sent to all employees or to only faculty
- Should be related to Hope events or to members of the Hope community
- Must come from a faculty or staff email account (@hope.edu)
- Are sent three times per day, Monday–Friday
(If your message requires immediate distribution, please call Public Affairs and Marketing at x7860.)
Send your message to email@example.com. The first line of the email should include distribution instructions, and the second line should include CAMPUSMAIL DISTRIBUTION (From YOUR NAME).
Student mail manager
To contact groups of students via email, use student mail manager through the Registrar's Office.
- EVENTS CALENDAR
Post your event to the campus calendar with the following process and promotion tips.
- Begin by making your campus room reservation through EMS. Here you can request catering, AV, video services, a specific setup, etc.
- In EMS, select Yes when asked if you would like this event to display on the Hope College public calendar. Include any descriptive text that should appear on the web in the “Event Details” section of the room reservation.
- Approved events typically appear on the campus calendar in 1–2 business days.
- Add your event to the calendar early for maximum visibility.
- List all of your events on the calendar, even if attendance is not open to the public. If your event is invite-only, however, do not make your calendar listing accessible to the public.
- Each event has a unique web address that can be shared on social media or linked in an email.
- Promote your event by emailing a custom photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- List your official off-campus event or events that span multiple days or locations by contacting email@example.com for details.
- For assistance with room reservations, contact the Events and Conferences Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 616.395.7222).
- Questions about the campus calendar or edits to events that are already published should be sent to Public Affairs and Marketing (email@example.com, 616.395.7860).