Your transcript is the official documentation of your record at Hope College. Official transcripts can be requested in paper or electronic form.
Unofficial transcripts can be printed from KnowHope Plus.
- Your written signature is required for each new paper transcript request.
- Transcripts will not be released if you have a financial obligation with Hope.
- A valid photo ID is required to pick up transcripts.
- 1–2 business days are required to process your request. Processing time may increase during registration week, holidays and at the end of each semester.
- For electronic transcripts, your written consent form must be submitted to Credentials eScrip-Safe before your transcript will be generated and delivered. It takes them up to four hours to review and approve your consent form; the 1–2 business day processing timeframe begins once your consent form has been approved. If you attended any time prior to August 1984, you do not have access to an electronic transcript — you can request a paper transcript.
- Transcripts will not be processed during campus shutdown (the week between Christmas and New Year’s).
- Hope cannot guarantee delivery time, so allow ample time for arrival.
- OFFICIAL PAPER TRANSCRIPTS
To request an official paper transcript, submit a transcript request form with your hand written signature by fax, mail, in-person or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you fax your transcript request, we recommend you call to verify your request was received.
One form must be completed for each recipient. A computer typed signature is not valid. If you don’t have a scanner to email your signed form, you can use a smart phone to take a picture of the form. Please make sure the picture is of high enough quality for us to read.
Special forms or attachments can be sent directly with your transcript. They must be included with your submitted transcript request form.
We cannot accept phone or email requests for official transcripts, as your transcript contains confidential information and we need your handwritten signature to process it.
We do not charge for official paper transcript requests, unless you request to expedite shipping.
Transcripts faxed to or from Hope are not considered official. We do accept hand-delivered transcripts, but they must be in a sealed envelope with the college or university stamp or seal indicating that it’s official.
RELEASE OF PAPER TRANSCRIPTS
We can release official transcripts to you directly. Each official paper transcript is individually sealed, stamped with the Registrar’s signature and packaged in its own envelope. The envelope must remain unopened for the final recipient in order to be considered official.
If you need someone else to pick up your paper transcript for you, you must specify their legal name on your transcript request in the indicated box. They will be required to show a valid ID at pick up.
- OFFICIAL ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPTS
Electronic transcripts are only available if you attended after August 1984.
Official electronic transcripts are requested online through Transcripts on Demand. Transcripts on Demand works with Credentials eScrip-Safe to deliver your electronic transcript. For your first request, you must create a new account and submit your consent form directly to Credentials eScrip-Safe. The consent form has instructions for submission.
Credentials eScrip-Safe charges a $3 fee for processing electronic transcripts. Hope College does not charge an additional fee.
We do not send transcripts requested through Transcripts on Demand via mail. Mailed copies can only be obtained through our office directly by requesting an official paper transcript.
Attachments can be uploaded within Transcripts on Demand to be included with your official electronic transcript.
Emailing a transcript is not the same as electronic delivery. Transcripts that are delivered electronically by Transcripts on Demand or another service to or from Hope are considered official; transcripts sent via email are not official.
IMPORTANT NOTICES ABOUT DELIVERY
When requesting an electronic transcript through Transcripts on Demand, you can only use the electronic delivery option. If you try to request it to be delivered via mail, a message will appear that says, “Delete this request! Shipping unavailable.” Do not continue with this request. Make sure to select your transcript to be sent via electronic delivery. If you continue after you see that message, your order will be canceled and you will not receive a refund from Credentials eScrip-Safe.
Additionally, if you are not sending an electronic transcript to yourself and your intended recipient is not in the partner network, you must select “Yes” and enter the recipient’s email address. If you don't, you have selected to send your electronic transcript by mail. Your order will be canceled and you will not receive a refund from Credentials eScrip-Safe.
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
View and print your unofficial transcript by logging into your KnowHope Plus account. If you do not know your log in information, you can request to receive it. Current students should come to the Registrar’s Office to complete a request form; former students can call or email the Registrar’s Office to ask to be emailed the request form.
If you attended prior to August 1984, you do not have access to an unofficial transcript through KnowHope Plus.
- OFFICIAL VS. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
- Typically, official transcripts are for colleges or universities you are applying
to, job applications and scholarships. Official transcripts should be sent directly
to the receiving organization and must be requested through a paper transcript request
form or an electronic transcript request.
Unofficial transcripts are useful if you want to see which classes you’ve taken, your GPA, how many credits you have earned and specific grades. We advise you to review your unofficial transcript on KnowHope Plus before you request an official transcript.
- WHAT'S ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT
As soon as you are registered for a future semester/term, those courses will appear on your transcript as “In Progress.”
Majors and minors are only included on your transcript after your degree has been awarded. If you have requested an official transcript and marked “wait for posting of degree,” we will process your transcript as soon as we can once all of your grades have been received and all graduation requirements are met.
On your transcript, the R column is for a repeated course. In that column, courses with the same number will have an "I" for both lecture and lab or lecture and drill. The “I” means that the course is included in your GPA. Courses with an “E” have been excluded from your GPA: if you have repeated a course to try to improve your grade, your most recent attempt is included in your GPA.
- FINANCIAL HOLDS
- To find out if you have a financial obligation with Hope that would prevent your transcript
being released, check the status of your account through KnowHope Plus and make your payment if necessary. Once you have made your payment, you still must
contact Business Services to have the hold lifted from your account.
Electronic transcript requests will be canceled if you have a financial hold. Your $3 fee will not be refunded by Credentials eScrip-Safe.
- ORDERING MULTIPLE COPIES
You may order as many copies as you need, although we recommend 10 or fewer per paper request. Indicate the number of copies on your request form.
You may send transcripts to multiple organizations or schools. For paper requests, submit one form per organization. For electronic requests, have the recipient name and email address available before you submit your order through Transcripts on Demand.
- EXPEDITING YOUR TRANSCRIPT
To expedite your transcript, you have two options. Both options still require 1–2 business days for processing and additional days if you have a financial hold.
Option 1: Expedite your official paper transcript
- You will be responsible for the shipping fee: $6 for Priority USPS, or $24 for overnight delivery.
- You must pay the fee online before your request can be processed.
- Check your KnowHope Plus account or contact Business Services before you make your request to find out if you have a hold.
- Indicate which type of delivery you would like at the top of your transcript request form.
- The Registrar’s Office may be able to expedite the 1–2 business day processing, but we cannot guarantee this, depending on the time of the year. Call our office to inquire.
Option 2: Request an official electronic transcript
The 1–2 business day processing time still applies, unless you call our office to see if we can process it faster. (Available if you attended after 1984.)
- ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPT HELP
Electronic transcripts delivered directly to you will have an “Issued to Student” watermark. Electronic transcripts are official in their original PDF format only – if you print it, it will no longer be official. Follow the instructions below to ensure your electronic transcript remains official.
When you request your electronic transcript to be sent to yourself, you will receive two emails from Credentials eScrip-Safe. The first confirms your order and that the transcript has been transmitted. The second contains the link for you to download your official transcript:
- Click the link. Once you click it, the link will remain active for 24 hours. After
24 hours, it becomes inactive and you will not be able to save the transcript.
- A box will pop up that asks for the organization, name and password.
- Type “Self” in the Organization field.
- Type your name in the Name field.
- Create your own Password — it must be at least eight characters long and contain at least one number and at least one special character.
- Enter your password again in the next field provided. Click “Continue.”
- Select your purpose for downloading the transcript. Click “Continue.”
- Choose “Download and Save.” Make sure you save it in PDF format.
- A window will appear stating that you cannot make any changes to the document. Click “Okay” to save the transcript.
If you received the first email from Credentials eScrip-Safe and cannot find the second, search for the email using CTRL-F or your email provider’s search function and searching for “scrip-safe.” You can do this in both your inbox and the spam folder.
You will receive daily notifications from Credentials eScrip-Safe until the transcript has been viewed or has expired. You may also receive other notifications if any other action is pending (for example, if you have not uploaded your signed consent form request).
Electronic transcript payment or refund inquiries should be directed to Credentials eScrip-Safe. In addition to your name, they may ask for your account number, order number and order date.
9435 Waterstone Boulevard, Suite 260
Cincinnati, Ohio 45249
Phone: 1-847-716-3805 toll-free
Fax: 847-716-3710 (for consent forms)
- Click the link. Once you click it, the link will remain active for 24 hours. After 24 hours, it becomes inactive and you will not be able to save the transcript.