- You'll learn about the political system in Washington through the Hope Washington Connection-a group of Hope alumni who work as congressional staffers, executive-branch officials, lawyers and lobbyists.
- Each year many students in the department assume wide-ranging responsibilities within the department, working on faculty research, administering the Model United Nations program and more.
- Hope's political science faculty is politically active, politically balanced and widely published .
- Gain real-world experience as a campaign intern or as a Holland City Hall intern.
- Hope offers travel and study opportunities off-campus and in countries around the world. For example, students can study wilderness politics in Colorado or global issues in countries such as Rwanda and Mexico.
- Hope students run virtually all aspects of the Model United Nations program which draws close to 1,000 high schoolers to campus each spring. It is Michigan's largest Model UN program.
- Hope's pre-law program includes an impressive array of law-related courses, internship opportunities, an active student-run Pre-Law Club and first-rate advising.