Hope College baseball and softball players are among the final 2012 statistical leaders in NCAA Division III.
BASEBALL (364 teams in NCAA Division III)
* Senior pitcher Adam Clements (Saline/Saline HS) was ranked in several categories -- #8 in complete games pitcher (8), #43 in victories (8-2), #57 in strkeouts per nine innings pitched (9.43), #59 in total strkeouts (72 in xx innings), and #105 in earned run average (2.36).
* Junior pitcher Cory Schmidt (Milan, Ohio/Edison HS) was ranked #159 in earned run average (159) and junior pitcher Jordan Carrigan (Buchanan/Berrien Springs HS) was ranked #39 in saves (6).
* Sophomore third baseman Eric Dawson (Grand Haven/Midland HS) was ranked 14th in the toughest to strkeout (4 strikeouts in 161 at-bats).
* Senior shortstop Chris Mattson (Muskegon/Mona Shores HS) was ranked 40th in times hit by a pitch (14).
* Hope was among the leaders as a team (top 50) in several categories including: #18 in fielding percentage (.968), #27 in fewest walks allowed per nine innings (2.74), #50 in sacrifice bunts (38), and #51 in earned run average (3.63).
SOFTBALL (402 teams in NCAA Division III)
* Senior shortstop Brooke Nienhuis (Zeeland/Zeeland West HS) ranked 77th among all Division III players in batting average (.442). She was also ranked in other categories as follows: #97 in runs scored (36 in 38 games), #147 in on-base percentage (.476) and #172 in triples (3).
* Senior outfielder Stephanie Faber (Byron Center/South Christian HS) ranked 75th in sacrifice hits (10).
* Sophomore first baseman Emma Page (Portage/Portage Central HS) ranked 69th in the toughest to strikeout category (4 strikouts in 142 at-bats).
* Junior pitcher Jess Kohlhoff (Reed City/Reed City HS) ranked 19th in the fewest walks allowed and 78th in fewest walks allowed per seven innings pitched (23 in 122 innings pitched). She was also ranked in earned run average (#13 at 3.92) and shutouts (3).
* Freshman Kelsey Cooper (Romeo/Romeo HS) and Stephanie Faber were each ranked 180th in sacrifice flies with two.
* Hope was among the leaders (top 100) in batting average (#89 at .315) and scoring (#99 at 5.45 runs per game).