The environment at Hope is warm and welcoming, and the environment reflects our Christian heritage and faith. We invite you to apply. Students who have exhausted their school’s curricular offerings and/or possess talent in a particular field of study are eligible to apply. Michigan public high schools may participate in the Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act (PSEO) providing part of the cost of tuition for senior and juniors.
Hope College grants college credit for college level academic work taken through this program at other accredited higher education institutions.
- Applicants need to complete the Dual Enrollment Application (PDF). The application can also be obtained by contacting the Admissions Office or your Michigan high school counselor.
- A high school official must fill out the back page of the application. Your principal’s signature is required to document approval of the high school.
- Your official high school transcript must be included with the dual enrollment application.
- The Admissions Office will contact you once your application materials have been received. Upon approval, a $100 security deposit is required to secure your enrollment for the semester. Students should consider several class options as the deposit does not guarantee class availability.
Once you’ve been accepted to Hope and paid your security deposit, you will receive a registration packet from our Registrar. For reference, Hope's academic calendar and class schedule are available online.
The payment expected from each student varies according to a variety of factors. These include:
- High School Policy: Michigan public high schools may participate in the Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act (PSEO) providing tuition for juniors and seniors. Please check with your guidance counselor for more information.
- Hope Scholarship Offered: Up to 50% tuition waiver (for one class) is awarded to students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater, regardless of your year in school. For those students eligible for funds from the PSEO, this waiver applies after the high school share is paid.
- Parents Employed at Hope: The Hope College employee tuition waiver policy is applied to the tuition not covered by PSEO.
The following policies apply to all applicants, regardless of their payment category:
- Hope's current tuition rate .
- Hope’s financial participation is limited to one course per semester.
- Fees for credit hours taken above the one course this program covers will be based on the rate identified for the total number of registered credits.
- PSEO requires Hope to bill the school district directly. After reimbursement, based on the student’s allowance, Hope will bill the student for any remaining charges. Contact Business Services (616.395.7810) if you have any questions about billing.