Large Format Printing
Hope College faculty, staff and students can submit posters for large format
printing through CopyWorks (Library
location) or at the Science
Tips for Preparing Your Poster
- Plan ahead! Please do not wait until the last minute
to print your poster. During busy times, the turnaround time may be
- Do not place any text, graphics, etc. within 1/2" of the margin
- Ink fades over time if not kept beneath glass.
- PowerPoint slides work well for posters.
- Image quality is important. Low-resolution images will appear pixilated
or blurry when printed large on a large scale. For best results, scan
images from books, use quality digital photos or speak with a reference
librarian about high quality image databases.
Posters for a Trifold Board (3 Panels)
Which poster printer should I use?
CopyWorks Poster Printing
- size: posters 24" x 100'. Typical sizes are
18"x24", 24"x30", 24"x36", 24"x48"
- trimming: available
- format: Files in Adobe Acrobat PDF format are preferred.
If you need assistance in converting to PDF, please visit the TechLab. PowerPoint
and JPG files are accepted.
- hours: available during Library
- location: near the TechLab, 2nd floor of the Library
- cost: $5 for 18"x24" and 24"x30".
Please call x7797 for a quote on larger sizes.
- payment types: cash, check, credit card
- personal use: available
- request: via this
- turnaround: typically 24 hours
Science Center Plotter
- size: posters up to 42" x ??, where 42" is
the width of one edge
- trimming: posters do not need to be trimmed
- format: various file formats accepted with appropriate
printer drivers installed
- location: 3049 Science Center (most faculty & staff
have a key)
- cost: $5 + $2.50/foot (glossy) or $5 + $1.00/foot
- payment types: departmental charge only
- personal use: posters will not be printed
for personal use
- note: Faculty have access to the plotter from their
Students must coordinate printing with their professor, as someone is not
always available to print the poster on their behalf.