Wondering how the networking process works? Call
the Career Development Center to make an appointment with
a staff member or check out the networking
handout for tips.
- Informational Interviews - call to make an appointment to connect wtih alumni or friends of the college for a one-on-one conversation about their career.
- Job Shadowing
Call to make an appointment to get connected with professionals in your field who may be able to host you for a job shadow appointment,
and hear about other job shadow resources on campus.
- Networking Events
Watch for details on upcoming networking events including the following
types of opportunities:
- Chicago, Grand Rapids, and D.C. events at downtown locations in each city
- Networking luncheons with the Alumni Board and Parents’ Council
- Speed Networking
- Various receptions with local professional
- Externship Job Shadow Program - This opportunity,
offered annually during May term, is a chance to be paired with a Hope
alum for a 2-4 day job shadow